centre of the village. Opposite the church is Holt Castle, itself being a Grade 1 Listed building. Elsewhere in the village and surronding area there are examples of farm buildings and cottages dating from the 17th century.
There are several streams and brooks within the parish which form parts of the parish boundaries.
Shrawley brook has two old Mills along its path, neither now working, one is Hollingshead Mill and the other is Holt Mill, this mill is probably the one mentioned in the Doomsday Book of 1086.
The A443 crosses the river at Holt Fleet, until 1826 the only way to cross was by ferry, in 1826 the foundation stone was laid for the bridge, it was opened in 1828, it one of seven bridges on the River Severn designed by Thomas Telford.
Adjacent to the bridge is the Holt Fleet Inn, the original Inn was an old Coaching Inn and was opened around 1607.
In the village is the Red Lion, this also was an old Coaching Inn and was probably built prior to 1760, it is shown on an old map dating 1800.
Further reading can be done clicking on the link for the:- British History Online site